From: Alan Lantz [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 3:58 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] SecureRemote and DSL

I have users at home with SWB DSL circuits that want to VPN back to our
facility.
I installed SecureRemote SP3 on a laptop and dialed in and got the userc.c
file
configured,etc and it worked fine. I tried installing SecureRemote at a
users home
and even though it installed without errors, the DSL circuit was unable to
obtain an
IP Address. SWB will not give support for VPN. Are others using SecureRemote

for DSL or are their other options? Is Checkpoint good about support on DSL?
have only been using Checkpoint for a month and this is a VPN first, so I'm
curious
what others are doing for remote users needing to access Checkpoint VPN.

Thanks,

Alan Lantz
Network Engineer
Northwest Health System

confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.