[FW1] Load agents

Ok, I might possibly be being a bit daft, but I need to produce a custom load
agent for a service which we run. It'll need to do a bit more than check server
load, it'll also need to check the output codes of various requests to a backend
server.

The problem is, I have only been able to find one example of a load agent. It's
a compiled binary which returns a (scaled) number indicating load average.

I was wondering if anyone has pointers in the right direction to get started on
making my own load agent. Source code, documentation or just a 'make program,
make udp respond blah depending on what your load measurement is'

--
Ed Rolison
Systems Admin