Re: RE: [FW1] VPN software.

Yes, it would be nice to be able to use 3rd party clients with FW1, but unfortunately client-to-site VPN implementations are proprietary.

This issue is starting to be addressed by standards committees, but its going to be a long painful process.

Nokia's CryptoCluster VPN solution works with both the Nokia client as well as the IRE client.  MS PPTP & L2TP clients work as well.  Obviously this all depends on what encryption methods you deploy.

-Jeff Hochberg