From: Joe Voisin (FW1) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 10:32 AM
To: FW1 List (E-mail)
Subject: [FW1] OT Warning: Anti-Virus for Exchange. :)

#include <offtopicwarning.h>

What is the best (in your opinion) anti-virus package for MS Exchange
5.5Sp4?  We are currently using Norton Anti-Virus 2.11.  But have been
getting errors for more than a couple months and Symantec seems to be unable
to fix the problems.. The Scan engine fails reading standard files, and
throws them in the trash. (it's been quarantining even txt files).  I'm
under pressure to just uninstall it completely which would be retarted.

It seems that Norton AV for Firewalls is nearly as bad so I'm not going to
even entertain that option.

Any suggestions?  I am considering not renewing my support with Symantec and
just tossing their product out the door.

Scan Engine Failure (0x80004005) (they have known about this for almost 3
months.. a full quarter!)

Joe