From: Shaffer, Kurt
To: FW1 (E-mail)
Sent: 3/5/01 1:24 PM
Subject: [FW1] FW-1 and Microsoft VPN

Hopefully someone out there can give me some ideas.

We have a Microsoft VPN server setup in our DMZ off a Checkpoint FW-1
Solaris box.
Access to the VPN has been allowed for clients to access the VPN using
PPTP services.
When this is tested we can watch the log viewer and see the client
getting through the
firewall using PPTP and a service labeled 34827.  Then when the VPN
server attempts to
send packets back to the client it uses the service labeled 34827 but
the firewall is dropping
these packets.  When testing it we opened up the rule for any service to
be accepted but
they are still being dropped.  The service 34827 uses a protocol simply
labeled as 47.

Is there anyone out there who may have a similar setup and experienced
similar problems
that might be able to help shed some light on this?

Thankx,
Kurt Shaffer