RE: [FW1] FW-1, ver. 4.1 Spoofing

I do not think this has something to do with NAT Hide. I can not think of
any reason why you should need to configure the 0.0.0.0 object in the
Antispoofing configuration as a dependency for NAT.

The only reason I would think you needed something like this is if you use
forwarding of Bootp through your Firewall (please correct me if I'm wrong).
When the 0.0.0.0 (Workstation)object is used in the Antispoofing rules
Firewall-1 treats this as NO Address. If you use Firewall-1 as a DHCP-Realay
Agent (or even worse as a DHCP/Bootp-Server) I think you will have to create
this object, since the clients has no address when the send the
DHCP-request. It seems like you are using a Network Object in your
configuration. I'm not sure, but would think that Firewall-1 treats this
object the same way as the workstation in this specific scenario.

What this configurartion does (if I'm not mistaking anything) is simply to
allow IP packets with No source address through the Antispoofing settings.
It still would be inspected in the rulebase and would need an accept there
as well. For Dhcp you would need to accept these protocols through to your
DHCP-Server:
bootps             67/udp    dhcps                  #Bootstrap Protocol
Server
bootpc             68/udp    dhcpc                  #Bootstrap Protocol
Client

Hope this clarifies a little.

Just come to think of something; it might be that Firewall-1 treats the
Netwrok Object Specified 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 as any. That would be easy to find
out, but I do not have any Firewall's besides me at the moment to test this.
But since you have choosen Specific on this Interface this means that if the
Interface=Internet Firewall-1 treats this object as any. If the
Interface=Internal Firewall-1 treats this object as No Address. That theory
only works if your Firewall is connected to the Internet and the Internet
communication is working :-) Normally on a Firewall connected to the
Internet you would specify all inteerfaces with specific addresses and one
with others or others + (meaning all other than the addresses specified on
the other interfaces:) On an internal Firewall you might want to specify all
of the Interfaces (depending on your setup).

The 0.0.0.0 object in the NAT Hide rules means that the Firewall use it's
own address (the address on the Interface which the packets are leaving)
when it translates communication through the Firewall.

/erik