Re: [FW1] Secure Remote + NAT + IP Pool NAT

Until recently, I had no trouble, except drive mappings in logon script did not work under SDL, with the scenario described below (with NT). But recently we upgraded our PDC to Windows 2000 and while using a Windows 2000 client, which worked fine with a NT PDC. Then I began receiving a 1311 error - There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. SDL also broke. Anyone have a better experience?

Bob

From: CryptoTech <[email protected]>
To: Paul Keefer <[email protected]>
CC: Firewall-1 Mailinglist <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [FW1] Secure Remote + NAT + IP Pool NAT
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:05:49 -0500

That is correct. Since the true negotiation is with the internal ip address, that
is what the internal devices will see.

<UDP header<ESP Header<Original Packet>>>

VPN-1 strips the udp header, then processes the esp packet, leaving the original
packet from the client, including his ip address.

I have not had any problems with this config with or without Pools. Both have
worked fine for me.

I have done this on an NT server.

CryptoTech