Re: [FW1] CCSA

>..What happened to reading, studying and generally KNOWING your stuff...

 I must say that I agree with your assessment, however, it is important to note that after taking these certifications exams it is obvious that some of the questions therin are purposely designed to make the student fail as opposed to testing the student's knowledge of the material.  This undermines the integrity of the test itself and adds fodder to the notion that the entire certification process of many software companies is flawed; which, to some extent, is true.  Thus, I find it difficult to get fustrated at individuals who opt for the "Braindump" route instead of the traditional "Knowing the material" route.

Perhaps the entire certification process needs to be revised.

R.

  Ashleigh Martin <[email protected]> wrote:

I'm sick of seeing people post requests to this forum asking for links to
"braindumps" or wanting help to aid them in passing certification exams.
What happened to reading, studying and generally KNOWING your stuff. If
these people studied and read the material/documentation available on the
internet or in bookstores, then there would be no reason to need braindumps
or exam shortcuts - the exams are not to prove how well you can pass an
exam, but to make sure you are capable of supporting and understanding
their technology/product.

Look at what has happened to the credibility of a certain certifcation from
a well know software company ......

I would prefer to see this forum used as I'm guessing it was created for -
a coming together and resource of knowledge so that undocumented or
difficult issues relating to the implementation of Check! point's Security
products could be better understood.

Yusrin Mulia
Sent by: To: [email protected]
[email protected] cc: