[FW1] Static NAt and IPsec authentication

On our network, we are hiding DHCP clients behind the firewall's external ip. On the servers and some clients with fixed ips, we static nat them to their own external ip address for outside access etc...

We also use an VPN client (made by Nortel) that uses ipsec authentication to connect to the isp for uploading files to production website.

Rules that allows this kind of traffic is as follow:

SOURCE                                    DESTINATION                SERVICE

LOCAL-NET   (internal network)            ANY                            ANY
ISP EXTRANET SWITCH IP                 ANY                            IPSEC

Authentication is succeeded only if the client is not being hidden behind the firewall external ip. Meaning it will work only for the statically nated clients behind their own public ip.

Looks like it will only authenticate one to one static nated client and not many to one.

I hope I am making sense. Can someone please explain why authentication works only for static nated clients not behind the firewall's external ip?

Thanks in advance.