[FW1] Error - The system cannot find the file specified

G'Day All,

please excuse the newbie question and the length of the post but I have
scoured archives and searched the web and haven't found anything that
remotely resembles my problem.
We have a CP Firewall-1 4.0 on an NT4 server that is remotely located -
packed lunch and sleeping bag material.....
Anyway, I have a problem which may be manifesting itself in two ways, or it
may be two problems.

If I start up the Windows GUI client log viewer and login to the remote FW,
it happily does its verification and such and pops up the 'Getting data
from server' message at the bottom of the window. It sits there for a
couple of minutes then pops up a box telling me 'slow response from server
- Abort' Yes/No. No matter what I click it carries on and never displays
any of the log file.

2nd manifestation or problem is that when I try to verify the rules it pops
up a box saying 'The system cannot find the file specified' - OK. Clicking
on OK pops up the 'Verifying Security Policy...' box but it just sits
there. If I click on Abort, it pops up another box saying ' Task No Longer
Exists'- OK.

It's causing great concern as I am not sure if there is a problem that
rebooting will not fix - the machine has NO backups (this is being
addressed but it's too late now) and it's a million miles away from
civilisation.

Could anyone give me an idea of what these errors actually mean ??
Should I somehow prepare for the worst or will a stop and start fix the
problems ?

I should say that the firewall appears to be operating correctly but I need
to make some additions as I have just taken over this firewall.

TIA.

Regards,
Brad