From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 10:27 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Exceed/X11 in the Rulebase

According to my knowledge tge PC which is using Exceed to open a display on
a U**x system is the XServer ... and the U**x System is the XClient in that
case. That means the rule should look like this:

U**x	PC	X11	Accept

Is that right ??

XProtocols have a portrange > 6000. That means the underlying usage
(Exceed-config calls that "Command" like telnet, ssh can not be
tracked/known by the state tables of Firewall1, so I need an extra ruke like
this:

PC	U**x	telnet	Accept

Is that right. Does the Exceed connection with the telnet command really
need these two rules or does it simply need:

PC	U**x	X11	Accept

Thanks for comments and advice,
--Joerg