From: Jason Witty [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 8:56 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] pcAnywhere vs. 2000 WTS vs. VNC

All,

For reasons beyond my control, I must allow remote management of some
DMZ servers, from my inTRAnet to one of my web-farm DMZs.  I'd hope to
force everyone to standardize on a single remote admin application,
however.  Right now, my choices are pcAnywhere, VNC, or Windows2000 WTS.

I know that VNC has had tons of problems, vulnerabilities, etc., so I'm
pretty much going to try to  that one out first.

Next, is pcAnywhere - I know it can support menial encryption methods,
and can do dual user auth, which is good, but is it better than.....

The third choice is W2k WTS - It's free, fast, and comes with W2K
Server, but I know NOTHING about it's security.  All I know is it runs
on TCP 3389, but I don't have any clue if it has secure communications
capabilities (encryption), etc.  Any ideas or opinions?  Thanks very
much.

Jason