RE: [FW1] Problem installing sp3 of Firewall one on Solaris 2.7

Mike,

I have had the same problem with you (Solaris 7, CP
V4.1 SP1) and tried various method described in

http://www.phoneboy.com/fw1/faq/0374.html

but none of them work.

However I managed to overcome that problem and I think
that  was caused after you failed to apply the SP3.
(In my case I think maybe the path is too long)

So here is what I did

# fwstop
# cp .tar /		(copy to ROOT or /tmp. That is what I
means the path is too long and make sure you have
plenty space and .tar is your SP3)
# cd /
# tar xvf xxx.tar
# patchadd CPFWSP10003-01
# reboot

Regards,

Trung Nguyen
Network Engineer--- "Carey, Mike (ISS Southfield)"