Re: [FW1] A little off-topic - Comet Cursor, Realplayer and Spyware

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 09:42:34AM +0000, [email protected] wrote:
: Noticed an annoying message recently on a PC asking about Comet Cursor
: upgrade. Didn't recall loading it so did a search through registry -
: appears that it was related to RealPlayer. I was a bit annoyed that Real
: install didn't give choice on whether to install this or not.

You most certainly WERE given a choice.  Next time you download a copy
of Real Player, stop and look at what's included in the various packages
they offer for download.  The most basic package contains Real Player and
that's all.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.