Re: [FW1] Logging of bootp - Rule 0

Good $daytime,

> Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:05:50 -0700
> From: James T. Drake <[email protected]>
>     <[email protected]>
> Subject: [FW1] Logging of bootp - Rule 0

> I currently am finding an abundance of udp- bootp entries in my log.
> The packets are being dropped by rule 0.  The "log implied rules"
> check box in rule 0 is and always has been cleared.  Accept UDP
> Replies is selected in rule 0.  Can anyone suggest recommend a means
> by which I can disable the logging of these events?

In your firewall or router object definition, select 'Interfaces',
edit interface in question and select 'Security'.  To completely
disable logging, set 'Spoof Tracking' to 'none'.

However, if you intend to allow such traffic, or want to see real
spoofing attempts, I'd recommend to use an example from FW-1 ABC book:

1. Define an object for 255.255.255.255

2. For external interface, select 'Others+' in security and add newly
   created object there.

3. For each internal interface, define a group containing all networks
   attached to it, plus broadcast object from step 1.  Then select
   'Specific', and use newly created group.

hope this helps.

  Regards,
  Willy.

--
"No easy hope or lies        | Vitaly "Willy the Pooh" Fedrushkov
 Shall bring us to our goal, | Control Systems and Processes Division