Re: [FW1] FireWall 4.0 and High Availability

Shalom shlomi,
Yes, there is HA capabilities in the 4.0 platform.  This does not extend to user
auth, or vpns.  (Actually, to any of the security servers.)
You will require some third party product to handle the actual failover process, but
FireWall-1 does allow for the same sync.conf file in the $FWDIR/conf directory to
synchronize state tables between firewalls.

You might look into StoneBeat or Rainwall as options.  I am sure that several people
will probably respond to this message as to why they think that A is better than B,
or that you should just move your platform to nokia for this, but I would offer that
you may wish to upgrade your firewall to 4.1 and then you even have the Check Point
integrated HA as an option.

Cheers,
CryptoTech