Re: [FW1] Help!! Simple FTP Problem

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW1] Help!! Simple FTP Problem
  • From: Keigo Hanaoka <[email protected]>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:18:50 +0900
  • Sender: [email protected]

Thanks a lot of sugestions about my ftp problem.
i really appriciate you, ladies and gentlemen.

now, it works great.

here is what i've got:

first, the problem was fixwed by editing /$FWDIR/lib/base.def
as sugested.

second, as [email protected] wrote, my ftp server was
not appropriate, too.

when i tried to integrate another firewall environment with another
ftp server as a test, that did work, well.
then, i got original /$FWDIR/lib/base.def back in original place with
another ftp server. it did work.

anyways, thanks a lot and i appriciate with regards.
and sorry about taking your time.

if i could, i would like to know what number of RFC i did not follow,
that is what i should check by myself, though.

thanks!!

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:36:40 -0600
[email protected] wrote:

> Keigo,  I had to make the following changes (unfortunately, one at a time),
> in order to get FTP to work for all of the situations that it didn't work
> out of the box.  As I understand it, these fixes are necessary because the
> FTP server that you are trying to get to does not strictly follow RFC
> standards.

> --
> To not force the newline of FTP modify /$FWDIR/lib/base.def as follows:
> - comment out the following line by adding 2 slashes to the begining:
>   #define FTPPORT(match) (call KFUNC_FTPPORT <0x1|(match)>)
> - uncomment the following line by removing the slashes at the beginning
>   // #define FTPPORT(match) (call KFUNC_FTPPORT <(match)>)
> To allow High ports with FTP modify /$FWDIR/lib/base.def as follows:
> Replace the following:
> // ports which are dangerous to connect to
> define NOTSERVER_TCP_PORT(p) {
>                (not
>                        (
>                                 ( p in tcp_services, set sr10
> RCODE_TCP_SERV,set sr11 0,
>                                  set sr12 p, set sr1 0, log bad_conn)
>                         or
>                                 ( p < 1024, set sr10 RCODE_SMALL_PORT, set
> sr11 0, set sr12 p,
>                                  set sr1 0, log bad_conn)
>                         )
>                )
> };
>
> with:
> // ports which are dangerous to connect to
> define NOTSERVER_TCP_PORT(p) {
>        (not
>                 ( p < 1024, set sr10 RCODE_SMALL_PORT, set sr11 0, set sr
>                  set sr1 0, log bad_conn)
>                )
> };
> Problem:  FTP gets Network Error: Connection reset by peer
>
> See http://www.checkpoint.com/techsupport/alerts/pasvftp.html
>
> comment out the line: #define FTP_ENFORCE_NL in $FWDIR/lib/base.def

Keigo Hanaoka <[email protected]>
e-business Infrastructure Integration Div.
Unauthorized Access Countermeasures Dept.
LAC Co.,Ltd. http://www.lac.co.jp/security/
Phone +81-3-5531-0332 FAX +81-3-5531-0142