Re: [FW1] VPN and Frame-Relay-Link

Hi Manfred,

Your 3 firewalls cannot have overlapping encryption
zones.  So you can have all the sites use the central
Sun fw, and have the two sites with Nokia fws just use
their own.

You can have frame relay failover to use the vpn by
setting up static routes to those sites with a high
cost.  When the frame goes down  traffic can then be
sent over the VPN as long as the sites are using
different firewalls.  Note: existing tcp sessions will
fail because the fw has not seen them established
since they were established over frame relay, not the
VPN.  New sessions will work fine.

You can do more if set up encrypted tunnels between
your frame relay routers, that run though the VPN.

HTH,
Pete Goodridge