Re: [FW1] Traffic through Loggin

Hi,

On Fre, Feb 09, 2001 at 06:49:28 -0500, CryptoTech wrote:
> > The other question is: What if the leased line is dead and the module
> > is not able to reach the management server to log? Will the log entries
> > be cached?
> You should configure the remote module for local logging and set up a cron
> job to do a logswitch in the wee hours of the morning.

I checked the manual about that - I read there, that the firewall module
itself (without a local management server) is capable of logging itself.
Is this correct? In other parts of the manual, I deduced that the management
servers are supposed to do the logging, so I'm a bit confused.

Is this correct: If I don't edit "loggers" on the module, the module logs
to the management server. If I put localhost in the loggers file, it logs
local.

And if the module itself could do the logging:
How does the module know that is supposed to send its logs to the mangement
server when I start "fw logswitch"? Is this the default behaviour? The only
option I see is to edit the loggers-conffile, but that would cause online
logging.

--
mike gerber - the route is out there!