RE: [FW1] operation would block

Duke you are right - it is the control connection timing out.
To change it add 'fwd_conn_tout (x)' to the $FWDIR/lib/setup.C on the
firewall system and the managment station.
x - the timout in seconds, default is 25.

e.g.
:fwd_conn_tout (40)

C. Paul Simons
Corporate Network Security Services
IHS Energy Group, Englewood, CO.

Main:Direct:Fax:Mobile:"Glover, Duke"
                    <[email protected]>                   To:     [email protected], [email protected]
                    Sent by:                                    cc:
                    [email protected]        Subject:     RE: [FW1] operation would block
                    kpoint.com

                    23-02-01 09:41

Hi Jesus,

If I recall correctly, "operation would block" is the result of a timeout
being reached when trying to install your security policy.  This timeout
can
be increased.  I believe the default is 25 seconds.  I forget where I once
read this.  Can anyone verify or come up with a document that shows what
file to modify to increase this timeout ?

HTH,

Duke