RE: [FW1] High Port FTP

Iztok,

Did you check the box in Policy->Properties->
Services->Enable FTP PORT Data Connections
or add a rule to allow the data back connection.

Explain how you changed the FTP to the high
port that your using. I'll assume(ack) that you
changed the services file and restarted the FTP
service via an 'init q'. Did you change the
'ftp-data 20/tcp' reference as well?

Oh, and change the service type of your NEW
service from 'FTP' to 'other'.

FTP is slightly retarded(OK completely.) In most
circumstances, when your perform a data transfer
with ls/dir, put, get, etc., and your not PASVing,
your system will listen on FTP_CTRL_Port minus one.
So in a non-modified FTP environment, FTP servers
listen on port 21 and talk to the client on 20 (ctrl port 21
minus one or 20).

Checkpoint will try and keep track of this, but in v3.x and
v4.0, you need to convince the software(via INSPEC) to
track the new control and data ports. This is in addition to
creating the new FTP service on the higher ports, which
you should have done already.

Phoneboy has a writeup, but I found it hard to read the
first time through(many moons ago). Take a peek at his FAQ at
http://www.phoneboy.com/fw1/faq/0158.html.

If your still having troubles, send along the lines in your
rulebase about FTP, what the new service is defined as,
what policy properties are selected, and the log references
showing any FTP drops/rejects.

Robert
- -
Robert P. MacDonald
Global Infrastructure Group, Haworth, Inc.
Voice:email: [email protected]