Re: [FW1] Reinstalling a nokia 440

Thanks to all who input into this.

The problem is that on the IP400 series, when you boot off the floppy, you
cannot access the setup via the keyboard.  I tried this a dozen times
(stubbornness is not my best trait) and finally connected a serial cable and it
worked fine.

Greg,
As Juan has mentioned, you can download the files from Nokia if you have a
contract.  You will also need to download some version of IPSO  (3.3 will work
fine on these older models.)  You also may download them from Check Point at
http://www.checkpoint.com/customers - select vpn1 appliance - os - version.

This site also requires a userid/password.

The error message you are referring to is that rawrite does not like filenames
that deviate from the 8.3 naming convention.  Try renaming the file to
bootflop.bin, and then running rawrite 'bootflop.bin a:'

Once again, thanks to all,

CryptoTech