[FW1] network topology -- please look at this and tell me if it's possible

FW1/VPN1 box has 3 interfaces.

OUTSIDE, INSIDE and DMZ

OUTSIDE translates for INSIDE Traffic destined for the internet

Encrypted traffic comes in through OUTSIDE and accesses the INSIDE network.

so far fine.

What we have been attempting is to set up a RAS MODEM Chassis connected to
the DMZ network and encrypt traffic from the DMZ to access the INSIDE network

SecureClient coming in through the DMZ interface will acquire a topology but
then not be able to authenticate

Attempted to set up a static route from the RAS chassis through the DMZ
interface to the outside interface because of something I found on
Phoneboy.com that said that your site address in SecureClient had to be the
outside interface of the firewall. When I tried to acquire topology that,
they didn't even connect, so I went to the trouble of acquiring the topology
from the DMZ interface and then hacking the userc.C. to point everything to
the OUTSIDE interface. That didn't work either. In all cases, during key
exchanges the error on secureclient reported a that it was unable to
commmunicate with the site.

Hope someone has some answer

Ray