[FW1] Multicast through Nokia box w/FW-1

I'm in the process of working with Nokia on this, but as of yet we haven't
come to a resolution.

In short, we have a multicast server connected to a switch on one side of
an IP440, and the multicast client connected to another switch on the other
side.

I've enabled DVMRP on both interfaces of the IP440.

The IP440 is running IPSO 3.3, and FW-1 4.1 SP2.

As per Nokia's recommendation, I ran a modzap command that will "allow FW-1
to pass unbaleled interfaces" - not sure what that means, but apparently
IPSO 3.3 introduced something that caused a problem with multicasting, and
this was the fix. It didn't improve the matter.

When connected to the same switch, the multicast client is able to connect
to the server and receive data. When connected to the other side of the
firewall, it is unable to connect. We have installed an "any any any accept
long" rule on this firewall, and the packets can be seen from the client
going to the multicast IP address (233.1.1.1) in the log.

I can provide lots more info if you think it'll help. We're stuck, and we
need this thing working last week. Any ideas? Help!

Dave Grabowski
System Arts, [email protected]