RE: [FW1] too many hosts ... ?

use "fw lichosts" to see what you have spent your licenses on.  The
comment to rm $FWDIR/database/fwd.h & $FWDIR/database/fwd.hosts was on
target if you simply wanted to clear your license count.  That's probably
a good idea to start ... then run "fw lichosts" and look for addresses
that are not internal to your network.  If you have external addresses in
that list, you've probably got something misconfigured.

Check the external.if file, i think it is in $FWDIR/conf/, and make sure
that it contains the interface *name* of your public or external
interface.  You can also see this error if your network is incorrectly
configured with another path in/out...  but at that point you should
probably close down the policy editor and load Visio to work on the real
problem ;-)

hth,

--gill

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Christoph Nagelreiter wrote:

> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:47:55 +0100
> From: Christoph Nagelreiter <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: RE: [FW1] too many hosts ... ?
>

> We have 80 hosts.
>
> I found many ip addresses in my syslog file:
>
> 	- internal addresses
> 	- many official ip addresses ?????? (dns server, etc)
>
> Does my fw-1 add internal and offical addresses? (Maybe this explains the
> huge host number of 280)
>

> Chris

--gill  | Tatu Ylonen, SSH 1.2.12 README:  "Beware that the most effective