expired eval (was: Re: [FW1] fw putkey)

if you do an 'fw printlic' an have expired evals, get them off of
there...they should not cause trouble but they often do.  install the
first permanent license with 'fw putlic -o ...' to overwrite ALL the
licenses on the box and then 'fw putlic ...' as before to add the other
licenses (SecuRemote, etc).

You cannot "remove" a license, and you cannot install a license
"over" another one.

Also, if you are accessing the GUI on Solaris you will need the Motif
license.

--gill

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Matthew Tim wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have another question regarding Checkpoint
> licencing.
>
> I installed the registered licence over the eval
> licences that were orginally installed and now I am
> not able to access the Policy editor or log viewer
> from the Gui client.
>
> The error is that there is "No license for User
> Interface"
>
> The number of ip addresses is not exceeding the
> licenced number.
>
> Has anyone come across this problem before?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Matthew

--gill  | Tatu Ylonen, SSH 1.2.12 README:  "Beware that the most effective