From: Reinhard Stich [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2001 15:10
To: Christoph Nagelreiter
Subject: Re: [FW1] too many hosts ... ?

firewall1 counts the source-ip-addresses from all interfaces except the
external one (external.if).

if you have a license for 100 IPs and the firewalls detects more than 100
IPs it generates this message.

if you really have more than 100 IPs you should upgrade you license, if
you - for example - changed you internal IP-adresses you can erase
$FWDIR/database/fwd.h and $FWDIR/database/fwd.hosts and restart fw1

cheers
-reinhard

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Christoph Nagelreiter wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Daily i am getting syslog messages (kernel notice) from my fw-1, that too
> many hosts have been detected ( > 280 hosts).
> I have a licence for 100 hosts.
>
> My fw-1 works great, but what does this syslog message mean?
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

security @ the speed of light

Reinhard Stich, KPNQwest Austria GmbH
A-1150 Wien, Diefenbachgasse 35
Tel.: +43 (1) 899 33-0, Fax: +43 (1) 899 33-533
e-Mail: [email protected]          RS784-RIPE
http://www.kpnqwest.at, http://www.kpnqwest.com