From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 2:21 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW1] Nokia vs. NT

I trust these operating systems with be properly tuned for optimal performance?NT leaves a lot to be desired in a default installation. Many services should be disabled, many registry keys should be set to improveperformance, disabled paging executive, proper tuning of network card drivers, buffers etc etc. I would use the Intel82559 based network cards, however I prefer the i960 based ones. From what I have seen, Linux has poor support for VLAN's at this time (unless they havesome new code out in last 4 months). That is one critical requirement of my setup.