RE: [FW1] HTTP Security Server Woes

Hi Dan/All,

Thanks for the tips. fwstop;fwstart would help, but
it's an unacceptable solution to stop all traffic (I
have users telneting, etc.). I already have 1,500+
users upset :)

I'm trying to open a ticket with CP, but since I don't
have support -- they won't help me. Even their
customer advocacy won't help me without a support
contract (ouch!).

I'm also trying to reach some CP techs I met at the CP
User's Conference this year. They told me to call them
about this problem, and they would help -- they won't
return my calls.

Unsettling trend. I'll continue to try, though.

Here's some history:-----------------

When I had support, I made my 1st call 2/4/99 ticket #
6756 on this issue.

Websense/CP blamed my FW version, then my SP level --
finally CP said it was an issue known to FW1 upgrading
(3.0b to 4.0) and that a rebuild from scratch would
fix this problem. I have done all the above -- same
problem remains.

As you pointed out -- CP libraries are to blame.

If CP is not interested in fixing the problem (it has
been 2 years), and it's out of Websense's control, I
am running out of options.

I have no choice but to find an alternative filter
solution if things remain the way they are -- and it
would appear they will. My inablility to apply new
policies during working hours because of this issue is
unacceptable.

Thanks -- Chris