Re: [FW1] Spam Mail problem

Chris F schrieb:

> --- Rajesh Bandar <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I blocked the port no 25 for one of the Windows NT
> > machines on our network. But
> > still someone is using our server to send spam mails
> > accross the internet. On
> > the Firewall do I need to do anything else to stop
> > spamming.

One solution is to configure the mailserver to disallow nonlocal mail relaying. If
that is not possible or too complicated, you may do that on the firewall following
this receipt. Create a few rules and services.

service SMTP.ANY:        just keep the defaults
service SMTP.INCOMING:   defaults, plus  to: *@your.company.adr

if you have a SMTP relay in a DMZ create (from/to/service):
    Any                   dmz.mailserver    smtp-->SMTP.INCOMING
    dmz.mailserver        Any               smtp-->SMTP.ANY
    internal.mailserver   dmz.mailserver    smtp-->SMTP.ANY

If you do not have a DMZ (or mailserver in DMZ), use this instead:
    Any            mailserver smtp-->SMTP.INCOMING
    mailserver     Any        smtp-->SMTP.ANY

HTH
    Volker

--

Volker Tanger  <[email protected]>