Re: [FW1] Copying .W and .pf files from between FW-1 Mgt servers?

The reason they don't appear is because they are not part of the RULEBASES.FWS
file.  This file is what the GUI client can use (unlike Solaris, which sees ALL the
.W files).  When you create a new rule or Save As, then, it appears a .W file is
created and imported into the .fws file (it may be the other way around).

I believe you could rebuild your .fws file by looking at your current file and using it
as a temple, addi all the .W files you want in the new .fws file.  I haven't done this
but it doesn't look hard to do.

Best of luck to you.

David C. Diemer, CCSA
Enterprise Security Firewall Engineer
Georgia Department of Administrative Services (DOAS)
200 Piedmont Ave. SE
Suite 1420, West Tower
Atlanta, GA  30334
[email protected]
(V)
(F)

>>> <[email protected]> 02/18/01 05:09PM >>>

Does anyone know if this can be done? I have copied the .W and .pf files
and droped them into the /opt/CKPfw/conf directory but they do not appear
in the GUI policy list?

Anyone? Anyone?     Ferris? Ferris?
Thanks in advance!

-Cliff