RE: RE: [FW1] 4.1-SP2 Management Server problem

{\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl {\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial;}{\f1\fswiss\fprq2 Arial;}}
{\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue255;}
\uc1\pard\cf1\lang1033\ulnone\f0\fs20 Also ensure that the time is set correctly on both firewall and firewall manager, and that the fw putkey is done at the same time on both servers.\par
\par
A command I have found very useful to check comms between manager and firewall is\par
\par
fw stat -long Fwb\par
\par
When everything is working it will return the status of the remote firewall.\par
\par
\par
Adrian\par
\par
\pard\li360\cf0\protect\f1\fs16 -----Original Message-----\par
\protect0\pard\protect\fi-1440\li1800\tx1440\b From:\tab\b0 Churcher, Simon [SMTP:[email protected]]\par
\b Sent:\tab\b0 Sunday, February 18, 2001 11:19 PM\par
\b To:\tab\b0 'Roelandts, Guy'; '[email protected]'\par
\b Subject:\tab\b0 RE: [FW1] 4.1-SP2 Management Server problem\par
\protect0\pard\protect\li360\f0\fs20\par
\par
Hi,\par
\par
I'm not sure on how to debug the firewall but here are the steps that I\par
would take and have worked several times:\par
\par
*\tab Ensure that DNS resolves FWb on FWb and the External Address of the\par
management module to the object names\par
*\tab Stop the management station\par
*\tab Stop the FW module on FWb\par
*\tab do 'fw putkey <ext. IP of FWb>' on the management station (then\par
enter the secret key)\par
*\tab on FWb, do 'fw putkey <int IP of mgmt> <ext IP of management>'\par
*\tab Start management module\par
*\tab Start FWb module\par
*\tab In the 'masters' file on FWb, make sure you have the ext. IP address\par
(or host name) of the management module and the internal address of the\par
management module\par
\par
I hope this is of some use.\par
\par