Re: [FW1] Solaris routing concern

Okay, firstly here's some commands you should know:

"netstat -rn "

\\prints the current routing table

"route add 2.2.2.0 1.1.1.1 1 "

\\adds a static route for the 2.2.2.0/24 network pointing it to gateway
1.1.1.1 with a metric of 1

"route get 10.1.1.1"

\\show the route that a network will take

Usually what people do is put a default route in place, pointing to your
external interface's next hop router (this can be added by doing a
"route add default 3.3.3.3", and can be made permanent by putting the
gatewway address (3.3.3.3 in this case) into the /etc/defaultrouter
file.)

Also, tracerouting from the box itself would tell you much, but if you
want to use it, use it like "traceroute -i hme0 www.wittys.com",
specifying which itnerface you want to to leave through.

I'd suggest if you want more help from the list, do a "netstat -rn" and
post the output along with your next post.

Hope this helps.

Jason