[FW1] One DMZ host with 2 public IP addr.

A customer of mine needs to have his existing Webserver to be reachable
under a second hostname from an additional domain all of a sudden.

At the moment, there's a static NAT rule translating traffic for the public
address to the private DMZ address.

I thought, I would bind a second private IP address to the webserver's
interface and create a second "webserver-public" object on the firewall,
NAT-ting incoming traffic for the new public address to the new private
address.

Should work that way, shouldn't it? Or should I use the public addresses in
the DMZ to begin with? I always shy away from that, because I consider it
less secure...

All systems are running Windows NT, btw.

Thanks for any input
Ralf G.

z+z+z+z+z++z++z+z+z+++z+z++z++z+++z+++z+++z++z+z+z+z++z
Ralf Guenthner, Senior IT Security Manager
Zentric  - IT Security & Groupware Solutions
Office Phone:     +49-6101-556060
Fax:       +49-6101-556065
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.zentric.com
+z+z+z+z+z++z++z+z+z+++z+z++z++z+++z+++z+++z++z+z+z+z++z