RE: [FW1] Nokia vs. NT

The "freeness" of it is of minimal concern, as is the cheapness of NT
compared to the others.
It is fine to have a dragster but it may only have one use......... to go
fast in a straight line.
Linux may be king for speed but it may not be king when all the other
business requirements are included that is specific to your businesses
needs.

The speed of NT is probably more bound to the architecture of the hardware
used and NT. Increasing CPU will not necessarily increase throughput as you
may be hittin the limit onthe network cards.

A note from that URL
About The Results
FireWall-1 throughput performance results are not meant to be used as a
comparison between vendor platforms. No attempt was made to match similar
systems in price/performance categories. The systems tested may represent
any model in a vendor's product line, from a high-end system to a low-end
system. The numbers listed here are simply representative of certain models
within a particular vendor's product line.

The only way you are going to get an oranges and oranges comparison is by
using the same box for NT and linux