Re: [FW1] Modem on Nokia IP440 Platform

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 10:01:52PM -0500, Jarrett Goetz wrote:
: Does anyone have any experience using a modem on a Nokia IP440 platform for
: out of band management?
:
: If so, internal or external and what type of modem did you have the best
: luck with?

I've messed with both the internal modem, as ordered with the box, as well
as externally connected USR Sportster/Couriers.  It works.

: Also, if anyone has any recommendation as to a more secure modem with some
: built in authentication that would be appreciated.

I've got customers using IRE modems for this task.  It's a little thing
that works like any other modem, except it's got crypto built-in.  That is,
data that moves between two of these modems is encrypted as it passes
through the PSTN.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.