From: Chris F [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 6:28 PM
To: Firewall One List
Subject: [FW1] HTTP Security Server Woes

Hi FW1 List,

I have Solaris 2.6; FW1 v4.1 SP3

I use Websense, therefore, FW1's HTTP Security Server.

Whenever I re-install a policy, WWW browsers cannot
browse. They get that blank page/error from the
firewall that says:
FW-1 at firewall: Access Denied

The ahttpd.elg log file logs the following error:
No default track in properties

The only solution is to reboot. Sometimes, I can:
kill -1 <pid-of-http-security-server>
and everything will start working again.

This is *not* a Websense issue, but something with
FW1.

A few weeks ago, I did the last thing I could think
of: completely rebuilt my firewall (OS and FW1 fresh
installs -- then fwmerged my objects.C file)

Anyone have any suggestions for a fix? Help!

Thanks -- Chris
[email protected]

PS - I didn't try the "dangle headless chicken over
firewall" trick. Would that help?