RE: [FW1] Upgrade SP3

I upgraded from FW v4.1SP2 on Solaris 2.6 to SP3 without any 'problems' (see
below).  We decided to install SP3 because of all the problems we were
experiencing when using an ftp-gui and our CVP (NAV for Firewalls) (per an
earlier post of mine).  The SP3 notes stated numerous fixes for ftp problems
(though none described our particular scenario).  I had implemented all the
various fixes for ftp problems in the various .def files, etc. prior to
this.

However, I did experience the following 'inconveniences' after installing
SP3...  all of the modifications I had made for ftp, syndefender, etc. in
various files were lost.  I had to go back and re-edit the files, etc. with
the 'fixes'.  Also, it appears our ftp woes have worsened...

I'd say, if there is not something specifically fixed by SP3 that you need
then maybe you should skip it...

My $.02!

Thanks,

Tracy A. Maxi