From: Rao, Mona
To: '[email protected]'
Cc: [email protected]
Sent: 2/13/01 5:36 PM
Subject: [FW1] Routing table

How will I be able to update a route table between an inside and outside
router through fw-1.  I wanted to configure load balancing between the 2
routers.

The exact scenario is:

Inside router serving local subnet traffic to central office over serial
point-to-point
Routing of external traffic over the fw-1 through the outside router
through
ISP

I was hoping that the two routers would backup each other by
communicating
through the firewall their presence.  If the inside router was to fail,
the
inside traffic would route to the central office via the internet and if
outside router was to fail, the Internet traffic would go through the
point-to-point.

Is there a way I can accomplish this?

Thanks

at