AW: [FW1] SMTP troubles with FW-1, eSafe and a Notes SMTP Relay

hi fred
i´ve got the same prob with trendmicros firewall
the problem is the sendmail deamon from checkpoints firewall. it makes a dns
name resolution of the mail-server. but it asks only the first mx server
(the one with the highest priority). if this server is not available, it
will not send the email and tries to resend it every x-minutes (belongs to
the configuration for f/w1, configuration tool). therefore i added an
additional smtp server which should be the default smtp-server (tab
"smtp-security server") in the firewall-configuration. here are the rules
which i added to the rule-base (priv_dmz_tmvw is the place where i had
installed the smtp-server):
- priv_dmz2_tmvw, pub_dnsservers, dns, allow
- any, priv_dmz2_tmvw, smtp, allow
- priv_dmz2_tmvw, any, smtp, allow
- any, pub_intra_mail, smtp->ZR_TMVW_SMTP,allow
- priv_intra_mail, any, smtp->ZR_TMVW_SMTP,allow

the way of the inbound mail is now:
sender-smtp-server -> f/w -> secuity server -> f/w -> new smtp-server -> f/w
-> internal smtp-server
outbound mails
internal smtp-server -> f/w1 -> security server -> f/w -> new smtp-server ->
receiver-smtp-server

hope this helps
frank