RE: [FW1] VRRP and NAT

For static NAT in a VRRP environment (which I believe you are talking
about), we did the following:

1)  Instead of using proxy arp, we created a "backup" VRRP address.
According to some doc I recently read, this is the preferred method.

2)  Create a static route to marry the addresses together i.e. outside
backup vrrp address ------ real host address
3)  Create the appropriate rule in the rulebase and the address translation
rule.

For HIDE NAT in a VRRP environment, we did the following:

1)  See above
2)  Create the approriate rule in the address translation table using the
created VRRP backup address to hide behind.

Regards................Elliot

"Thomas Stala" <[email protected]>@lists.us.checkpoint.com on 02/11/2001
11:21:50 PM

Please respond to <[email protected]>