[FW1] All Traffic to Central Site via VPN

Hi guys

A quic question on this issue. We have had such requests before where all
traffic must go to to central office via VPN before going out to the net
usually bacause of a centralized internet access control systems that must
audit all accesses. Now are we saying with an IPSec based firewall this is
not possible as implied by the CyptoTech response??

Thanx

Mike

>Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 18:56:11 -0500
>From: CryptoTech <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: [FW1] All Traffic to Central Site via VPN
>
>Jon,
>You are describing a PPTP or L2TP based firewall.  In all IPSec based
firewalls,
>traffic destined for the internet will go direct to the net without wasting
>bandwidth at the central site.  Also traffic between remote sites will pass
directly
>between the relevant sites and not touch the main site.  This is the only
way to do
>this with check point.
>
>You would just define each vpn device and each sites local network objects,
then 1)
>create a group (encryption_domains for example) and place all the sites
network
>objects into the group-- create a rule encryption_domains
encryption_domains <svc>