RE: [FW1] HA and Floodgate

The load balancing doesn't work.. (active/active firewalls),
but the failover (like the standard HA is) does work 8-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Miller [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2001 9:44 PM
To: Franklin Hoek
Subject: Re: [FW1] HA and Floodgate

Franklin,

I wish you were right, please correct me if you know of someone running both
currently.

We bought Floodgate and Checkpoint HA modules on the recommendations of a
reseller and some Checkpoint SE's.  We just finished the Checkpoint courses
on
Friday (CP2000 intro, advanced and VPN) where the instructor pointed out and
demonstrated that the Checkpoint HA module and Floodgate can not be run
simultaneously.  You are right in stating the literature says it is
supported, I
found it on the Floodgate FAQ.

> http://www.checkpoint.com/products/floodgate-1/new4fg1.html#High
Availability

> High Availability

> Check Point's High Availability Module and OPSEC high availability
> solutions now provide fail-over for FloodGate-1 gateways. Please
> note that load balancing and load sharing are not supported by
> FloodGate-1.

We are pursuing our reseller to find out the details, but as of this point
in
time what they say it will do is not what it does when you attempt to
configure
it.

Kevin