Re: [FW1] LDAP Authentication

Donna,
If you have already created the groups on the firewall that map to the ldap users, then all that should remain is to specify 'internal' authentication.  A user not found error is probably because of not having created the external groups.

Let me know if this continues to plague you.

CryptoTech

Donna Adams wrote:

 hi, Can anyone please advice on a suitable solution. I am attempting to client authenticate remote users to an internal LDAP server across the firewall ( version 4.1 build 41484).  The LDAP server is running on NDS 8.59. The ldap server has been defined and a rule established. When I attempt to authenticate however the firewall immediately returns the error User not found. When configuring this I was unsure of how the usert emplate for the LDAP account unit should be set.  In particular what type of user authentication should be used.  At present LDAP is not displayed as an option and none of the remaining options appear to be relevant. Donna

Legal disclaimer

The information transmitted is the property of the University of Paisley and is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Statements and opinions expressed in this
e-mail may not represent those of the company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination and other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.