Re: [FW1] NT Mgmt -> Nokia 650 : The system cannot find the file specified?

No spaces, just hyphens  - the policy name in the example has been changed
to protect the innocent....

Thanks anyway

[email protected]@lists.us.checkpoint.com on 09/02/2001 15:43:21

Sent by:  [email protected]

To:   [email protected]
cc:
Subject:  Re: [FW1] NT Mgmt -> Nokia 650 : The system cannot find the file
      specified?

I don't know anything about this, and my suggestion is likely silly...

Do you have a space in your policy name?  I don't know if there is a
problem associated with this or not, but I personnaly don't think its a
good practice to have spaces in any important file name.  It just makes
alot of things more complex.

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001 [email protected] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts on the following problem?
>
> Attempting to install a policy on one pair of IP650's from an NT based
mgmt
> server results in the following message
>

> ***
> Installing Security Policy C:\WINNT\FW\conf\policy name.pf on
> all.all@NF-250BSG07
> Failed to Install Security Policy on NF-250BSG07: The system cannot find
> the file specified.
>
> Installing Security Policy C:\WINNT\FW\conf\policy name.pf on
> all.all@NF-250BSG08
> Failed to Install Security Policy on NF-250BSG08: The system cannot find
> the file specified.
> ***
>
> This currently happens more often than not.  The policy  compiles ok, and
> once available can successfully be fetched from the management station by
> the remote module (either by fw fetch or fwstop/start).
>
> Every so often it seems to work fine, then doesn't.  This isn't causing a
> significant problem as the boxes are not fully in a production state yet,
> however something is clearly not quite right.
>
> The Nokia's are 4.0sp5+hotfix, though the NT management station does not
> have the most recent patches applied - HOWEVER, three other pairs of
> Nokia's *do not* exhibit the same problem - they work 100% of the time
> (though I've probably just cursed myself by saying that...).  The
> management station having it's upgrades done shortly.
>
> Any thoughts on what might be the problem greatfully received.
>
> Regards

at

--Paul