RE: [FW1] More than 1 external subnets techniques

I not 100% positive of this but I believe that you can only have one
external interface under Checkpoint unless you have an enterprise license.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Kadastik
To: [email protected]
Sent: 2/8/01 3:44 PM
Subject: [FW1] More than 1 external subnets techniques

Hello All

I have a question on you gurus ;)
When having one external interface but multiple subnets coming in on
that, how to solve it ? Let's say I have the following config:

hme0: 192.168.0.x
hme1: 10.0.0.x

Now I have filled my 192.168.0.x network and am adding machines to nat
but
use external IP from subnet 192.168.1.x ... The subnet is routed to the
machine
correctly, but how do I add the subnet so, that it would be working
correctly
and there wouldn't be any probs in licensed hosts ? My question comes
from
the tests I have done:

a) When adding an iface hme0:1 with the new subnet, it won't be pingable
b) When adding just one IP on hme0:1 it's pingable, but there might be a
licensing issue...
    because fw might just count ip-s from there as internal (has
happened)
c) for some strange reason having only one ip on hme0:1 worked for about
2h ... then it
    just stopped nating and didn't go up again ... Cause it was a
production line I didn't
    have much time to test, so I just freed one not-so-important IP from
old subnet and
    moved the machine there ... But that's not the solution ...

So everyone out there having a clue, how to do multiple subnets on one
ext. if and smth
that would work, would be nice to hear from you :)

Mario Kadastik
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
CCSE
Estonian Telecommunications Co Ltd