[FW1] SMTP CVP work correctly for anyone?

 Has anyone actually gotten SMTP CVP functions working correctly with FW-1
4.0?  We've got it working to a point, checking incoming mail for viruses
with InterScan VirusWall on another box, but have problems we can't fix
and which Checkpoint Tech Support says can't/won't happen:

 1. Notices to senders of incoming mail with unknown recipients never get
created.  Even though a user account has been deleted from our Sun
Internet Mail Server, the sender gets no indication that there's any
problem.

 2. When we tried to run outbound mail through the CVP for virus checking,
an Email loop was created that bounced the mail back from FW-1 to our mail
server.  This was one of the things that Checkpoint Technical Support said
could not happen.  Due to this, the CVP is currently only enabled  for
incoming mail and we are not providing the functionality that we told
Management the product would supply.

 We're about ready to give up and re-install InterScan VirusWall as a
non-CVP install to take the FW-1 box out of the picture.  My last hope is
that there is some clear, step-by-step procedures available somewhere that
would explain how this should work, what has to be installed on the FW-1
box and what settings are needed on FW-1 and the Mail Server.

 Any help appreciated.

 Our configuration:

	FW-1 4.0 SP7 on Solaris 2.6
	Sun Internet Mail Server Version 3.5 behind firewall
	   (running on Sun E-250; Solaris 2.6)
	   SIMS Admin has "Position Verses Firewall" setting
		set to 'No firewall' (No Smart Host defined)
	Single MX entry in local DNS for SIMS Mail Server

--
Earl R Hall                                               Fiserv / Chicago
Systems and Network Administrator                 Assistant Vice President