Re: [FW1] why not a bridge? (and hot air)

wew we let me tell u how as a bridge.

ok it is not that exciting.

but it is a firewall built on a bridge.
You can stick it in between two routers
point the two routers at each other not the brick
the brick will do packet filtering in the middle

lets say we are in between two routers 192.168.2.0 net /24
I set the brick up with all four interfaces lets say 172.0.0.2 yes all 4
interfaces
I can kill what ever I want to.
you can not ping it
tracert it nothing. It is their and it is doing it's job as a bridge

you can assign IP's to the interface and add it to the network so to say.
    default gateway
it does PAT real good.
it is fast and easy to use.
it has also got the easiest HA out rightnow. I mean it's HA is ID10T proof.

well I could keep going on but U get the picture.

ps I have been installing checkpoint for 3 years. Just learning the LMF aka
Brick