Re: [FW1] Nokia VRRP and CheckPoint failover question

From: "Thomas Stala" <[email protected]>
Subject: [FW1] Nokia VRRP and CheckPoint failover question

When running the Nokia's VRRP. If CheckPoint Module were to crash on a Nokia
 what is there to make them switch over?

 The IPSO is still sending hello signals out. It is working fine since it
was
 checkPoint that crashed.

Nothing. In fact that is precisely why having two side-by-side Nokia's will not create a true HA solution; if the firewall daemon stops but the underlying OS stays operational, no switchover will take place.

We're trying Rainfinity's RainWall right now with CP 4.1SP2 and it seems to be working well for load balancing and HA. Still in testing though so I can't be 100% conclusive on that yet. I'll post something to the list once we're done with the results, in case anyone wants to know about it...

- Ralph Forsythe