From: Andre DDAdmin
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 9:29 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: securemote issues

hi, our site is using securemote to authenticate internet users onto out LAN.

the setup is as follows:

internet ===> fw-1[1]  === > first network (10.16.1.0/24) ===> second fw-1[2] ===> second network (10.17.0.0/16)

the first network used to be 10.19.0.0/16. we changed this due to some restructuring of the network. with the old setup every thing worked 101%
users connected to the internet, authenticated to our network using securemote, and boom off they went. no hassles.

until we made the change.
user can authenticate and the logs show that they have authenticated. the new user.c file is downloaded to the clients. that reflects the whole internal network, and it has all the updates that we expect. the problem is that, whenever the client starts a telnet session for example to one of the unix boxes on the LAN, nothing will happen. eventually a popup will appear saying "No response from firewall"
the rules have been updated. the Site Object has been redone. the encryption domains are setup correctly. the routing is fine. everything on the LAN works fine.

I don't know if anyone has seen this before.

I'm at the end of my tether. any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Andre'